Pickrell Pirates

Well everone ELSE was doing it, so I guess we ought to as well! Actually I was checking out Becky's blog and saw how many others were keeping in touch with their blogs. What a wonderful idea! So anyway,... I'm going to bore you with my news too! Whoo hoo!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska, United States

Now is the time to adjust to yet another new normal. We have forgotten what sleeping through the entire night is like.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Still alive and kicking


Yeah, we're still here, just a lot going on. Between switching computers, house hunting, and school starting all over again, there just hasn't been enough time for blogging. Not that it really matters. I'm still trying to figure out how to get pictures and COOL STUFF on here (LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE) *that was meant to be said with a jealous sneer, add your own sound effects.*
School is well underway and I'm just barely going with it. I knew this was going to happen to me. Last year I started out with a small class of three students and they were perfect! I actually had to encourage them to talk in class. Some people would say, "Oh, but it's great that you get to start out with such a small class." WRONG!!! I was good and ready for a class of up to 25 kids when I graduated college. However, last year (even though it was TONS of fun) my classroom management atrophied (see, I'm smart. I use big words). So now here I am starting all over again. Ain't that a peach?
BUT... I'm not here to complain. I actually need to turn it all back to God and say, "Thank you." Thank you Lord for challenging me in so many ways. There's a saying (I got it from Conan the Barbarian) that says, "That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger." That's how I feel somedays. But I'm doing a job that I love; working with fantastic people (our last staff party was an absolute riot); and making a impact in the spiritual lives of children. What could be better than that?
Rick is still on the ferry, but there's no telling how much longer that will be for. We've been praying continually that he will be able to stay on through the winter. Time is running out and we can't help but feel a little nervous. I have absolute faith that God will always provide us with exactly what we need. I also know that sometimes He stretches us pretty thin. So,... prayer is ALWAYS gladly accepted.
Having blathered my peace, I'm going to go to bed and try to sleep off this cold that's trying to come on board. Blessed be His name! (even when we travel through the wilderness).

3 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

Yay, you posted! Your humor always comes through your writing which makes your blog entries fun to read, even without all the amazing, cool effects!! Glad you're at the school, it will be fun to see how your class manages you this year! :)

6:24 PM  
Blogger sixwickerts said...

Thanks for the post....do you know how many times I have clicked on your page and have been disapointed because thre is nothing new??? LOTS!! Oh, by the way Happy "Talk like a Pirate Day!!"

2:35 PM  
Blogger Da Baums said...

I am so glad you are doing Kick boxing with me! You make it SOOO much more fun! I love that we can laugh at each other while doing it! :)

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home