Pickrell Pirates

Well everone ELSE was doing it, so I guess we ought to as well! Actually I was checking out Becky's blog and saw how many others were keeping in touch with their blogs. What a wonderful idea! So anyway,... I'm going to bore you with my news too! Whoo hoo!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska, United States

Now is the time to adjust to yet another new normal. We have forgotten what sleeping through the entire night is like.

Friday, August 01, 2008

Update

Alright, so I've been crazy busy the last month or two. Also, on top of everything, my internet has not been working. I think some things are finally getting resolved.

As of late I have repaired my home, split wood, stacked the entire wood shed, participated in a college class, helped oraganize a school fundraiser, gardened, help put in a new water tank, and worked at the daycare. Wow... it's been a good summer!

I'm realizing the reward of being a "domestic diva," as my new apron calls it. I'm one who's all for women's lib. and I have no intention of giving up my job once the Good Lord allows me to keep my children earthbound. However, making your home your castle is a very rewarding feeling. I've never split wood before in my entire life, but this summer I've finally tried my hand at it, and thankfully not losing a hand in the process, I feel pretty good about it. Great exercise! I've also learned to use a chainsaw, which seems to worry quite a few men (what is it with guys and power tools?). I'm continuing the battle of keeping my home clean, which seems like a never ending endevour considering my husband and my dog, both whom I love dearly. Also, I'm learning to make lunches the night before. This is a completely new process for me. However, it became necessary as a money saving venture.
I have also broken ground on the Azalea court. It's been tough work. I'm been the only one working on it so far. With the exception of my father-in-law who last November cut down a tree while Rick and I were away in Anchorage for my surgery and he landed the tree on my beautiful Mt. Fuji cherry tree. I've been hoeing the ground by hand (yes, some of my friends still snicker everytime I pronounce, "I've been hoeing today.") The turf comes up like a big thick carpet and it is very heavy. However, I have some extrememly beautiful azaleas that are more than ready to be put into place, most provided by loving friends and family. The center of the court is going to be a beautiful Northern Lights scented azalea that Denny Terry got me for this last Mother's Day. The Lord gave her the sense that I was hurting on that day more than usual. Most people don't know, but I found out that I was pregnant with Azalea on Mother's day. The shrub with be dazzaling. As I'm working, I find myself crying out to God that all the rest of my children will be good and healthy. Firstly because my heart cannot withstand such another drastic heartache, and secondly, because I'm not building another garden like this one!
The daycare has been another adventure all together, which I will write about later. In the mean time, God Bless you all!

:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home