Pickrell Pirates

Well everone ELSE was doing it, so I guess we ought to as well! Actually I was checking out Becky's blog and saw how many others were keeping in touch with their blogs. What a wonderful idea! So anyway,... I'm going to bore you with my news too! Whoo hoo!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska, United States

Now is the time to adjust to yet another new normal. We have forgotten what sleeping through the entire night is like.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Still Rockin' it!

So things are progressing nicely, and for some reason I'm SUPER stressed out. I'm not exactly sure what it is. Krista says it's because I take everything and I think about it too much. She's probably right. There's just so much to do. School's getting demanding, the dog's getting annoying, Rick's kind of flighty lately, and I'm huge and tired. Life's still good, it's just... complicated? Is that the word I'm looking for?
Rick and I have been taking childbirth classes. It's been an experience. With Azalea, I had a 10 second crash coarse in delivering that baby. I don't really want to do that again. However, after lastnight, I'm kind of rethinking this whole thing and thinking "ignorance is indeed bliss." They showed a diagram of the pelvic bone and a baby dropping through it. AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!! Hey, I've already done it once before, but YIKES!!! I told Rick, that's it, he's going to have to have the baby, because I'm done. They talked about the different stages and labor and the dreaded episiotomies! Oh man... again, I've already done this once, but Azalea was small! I really am dreaded having that 13 lb. baby. It's good inspiration though. I've been doing my squats and kegel exercises. Next I work on breathing. I'm amazed at how much those squats help my hips! It's been kind of funny. The only time I really have to do my squats is when I'm in school, so I challenge my students to a squat contest. Today they made it to a minute (I'm up to two now. Yay for me!). I haven't had anyone just walk into my class yet. It's only a matter of time.
Time is drawing closer, and I've very excited about having this baby. I think Tim's getting a bit stressed about the amount of subs that CPCS will be needed. I'm actually really stoked at the prospect of having Heidi Poet come and sub for me. I was praying (and stressing) about it one day, and then her name just came to me. Heidi had expressed an interest at one time about teaching. We're in "negotiations" right now; she just has to be approved by the school board, but I know she'll be wonderful. If it gets shot down, well, then the school board can just find me a sub, because I'm done. My priorities lie with baby! (Is that selfish? Maybe a little. I love my students and I love the school, but I want this baby).

5 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer Caskey said...

Your family comes before work in priorities so they are right on. :)

7:52 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Caskey said...

P.S Heidi is old enough to teach? I am getting sooooooooooooooo old.

7:53 PM  
Blogger sixwickerts said...

I too will pray that you will not have a 13lb baby! I am so glad things are well....love to you!

1:01 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

Hey Tiffany, I'm glad things are going well with your pregnancy. Hope the balancing act between labor preparation and school stuff and regular life smooths out a bit for you. I'm praying for you. :)

2:28 PM  
Blogger The Day's said...

I know you'll do great, Tiff. It's really not that bad, just a little cramping and then, poof, you have a 10lb baby. If I can do it, you can too. :)

12:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home