Pickrell Pirates

Well everone ELSE was doing it, so I guess we ought to as well! Actually I was checking out Becky's blog and saw how many others were keeping in touch with their blogs. What a wonderful idea! So anyway,... I'm going to bore you with my news too! Whoo hoo!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska, United States

Now is the time to adjust to yet another new normal. We have forgotten what sleeping through the entire night is like.

Thursday, July 16, 2009

I love reassurances.

This week I've been working a few hours at the daycare, and it's been a bit difficult for me. Fortunately I've been able to leave Haddy at home with Rick, but I'm not used to babies that are three times the size of my child. Plus, these huge babies seem to hate me. I know it's nothing personal, they just don't know me. But there's something really degrading about having a small child look at you and scream for you not to even touch them. And I didn't even do anything!
But a really nice change from when I worked at the daycare last year is that I have Haddy. I can go home to a baby that loves me. When I come in the door and she sees me, I get a nice little smile. Aw, that's awesome.
Today was particularly bad, but God has a way of giving us what we need. I was playing with Haddy by having her sit on my knee while I held her hands. My goofy daughter proceeded to mercilessly lick and slobber my knuckles. It was so gross, yet so hilarious at the same time. We were both laughing very loudly. Haddy was squealing at me and was very proud of herself. She has a way of just filling my heart so full of love for her. Thanks God!

1 Comments:

Blogger Cooke family said...

Sweet!

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home