Pickrell Pirates

Well everone ELSE was doing it, so I guess we ought to as well! Actually I was checking out Becky's blog and saw how many others were keeping in touch with their blogs. What a wonderful idea! So anyway,... I'm going to bore you with my news too! Whoo hoo!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska, United States

Now is the time to adjust to yet another new normal. We have forgotten what sleeping through the entire night is like.

Monday, May 11, 2009

Haddy the Socialite

So we've still been pretty busy, even with a newborn. Rick and I have really been purposing to still be involved with ministries and to include Haddy. It's been interesting. Haddy actually does amazingly well in social settings. She's been held by dozens of people, oohed and aahed over, and traveled tons. Yet, she doesn't seem to really get upset until we just stay at home. How ironic is that? Anyway, here are some of her adventures.


Haddy made her first appearance at church this last Sunday. She did really well. Everyone is amazed at how much hair she has. Here she is with her buddy Ashlen. She's half Ashlen's age (2 weeks compared to 1 month) and she's nearly twice the size. Look at her, she's already got that super model pose going for her.

Haddy's on the drums! Literally. It was pretty funny. During worship practice, Gramma sat Haddy on the congas while Daddy played. She actually quite enjoyed it. She almost fell asleep. Guess that'll be Daddy's new lullybye.
Haddy went with my mom and I to the Mother's Day breakfast. Scott Walker offered her some bacon and eggs, but Haddy decided to order the 'ala Mom special.
Haddy joined us for worship practice last Tuesday as well. She did really well during the singing, but she got hungry during prayer. I'm very blessed to have a daughter who absolutely loves music at such an early age. Right now her favorite song is "Mighty to Save." Seriously, I'm not making this up. She could be screaming her head off and I start singing that song, she quiets right down and listens. God is good.
Haddy's been having upset tummy lately, which makes a parent feel utterly helpless. Daddy's solution is dancing. It's rather cute. He has Haddy do the "Haddy Hop," which usually includes a goofy song and lots of kisses. What a great Dad.

4 Comments:

Blogger Veta said...

Ooooh. I think she is just beautiful I am glad you are not one of these "don't touch my baby moms" I know she will be well loved. Thank you for sharing her with the world.

By the way, how does your garden grow? Is it coming to life? I have a porch garden of sorts now.

9:29 PM  
Blogger Cooke family said...

Sweet pictures. I'm glad you're bringing her along for things...and taking pictures of it!

1:01 AM  
Blogger TeacherKrista said...

Her face in the first one is something I could see you doing Tiff. Ashlen looked so wide awake for photos.

Happy pictures YAY!

5:06 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Tiff--these are all so adorable! So adorable! I got on here all ready to see a "red, squishy" newborn and she looks like a doll! Oh, the pics of her at worship and about town are so cute--I love the scrubs. And the ones with Rick "dancing" her on his knee--he just looks like a great Daddy. It sounds like you guys are awesome parents and are really having a great time. I can't wait to see you. Katie

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home