Pickrell Pirates

Well everone ELSE was doing it, so I guess we ought to as well! Actually I was checking out Becky's blog and saw how many others were keeping in touch with their blogs. What a wonderful idea! So anyway,... I'm going to bore you with my news too! Whoo hoo!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska, United States

Now is the time to adjust to yet another new normal. We have forgotten what sleeping through the entire night is like.

Sunday, March 22, 2009

So here's the update.

Okay, my doctor says that baby's growth and everything is fine. No, she's not too big. No, they're not going to induce. But over the last couple of days, things have really been kicking into high gear.
My brother Sean JUST left for a friend's wedding down in Washington. Before he left, he told me rather emphatically that I was NOT going to have this baby while he was gone. "Uncle Sean" really wants to be here. Well, just the day before, baby dropped down and it was really hard to walk to sit. Then after he left Saturday, I was experiencing some small pains in my back. I'm rather paranoid now. So anytime I have the slightest pain, I immediately stop, wait, and see what happens. This morning at church I had continuous pains for about 4 hours. They were small, but they did come in waves. Rick, Krista, and my mom were very anxious. I was very hesitant to do anything about it. However, I did eventually call the OB ward and they assured me it was only Braxton Hicks (practice contractions). I'm term (37 weeks) next week, so I'm finally ready to wind down and focus on baby. I'm trying to get through this last week of school and then I'll go on maternity leave. Rick keeps trying to prompt this baby to come sooner. He's super excited. I wish I could share his enthusiasm at this time. I am excited, but I have so much to do before our new arrival.
Unfortunately, things are a bit hectic right now. There are some rather stressful things going on at school and just today my dog developed diarreah. FUN! My house really stinks right now. So, please, keep us in your prayers like I know you have been doing. I really appreciate everyone so much. We couldn't do this without your support. :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Cooke family said...

Eewww, dog diarrhea! That reminds me, just a couple days before Meadow was born, Bingo threw up 7 times in our living room! I was on bed rest for pre-eclampsia, so Matthew got to do all the gross clean up!

11:33 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

Hi Tiffany, hope you'll feel able to get everything done that's needed in the coming days. I'm excited for you and looking forward to pictures of your new baby girl. :)

3:29 PM  
Blogger Pickrell Pirates said...

I have to say, I have the best dad in the world! Rick cleaned up the first bout of doggy doo-doo,but when I got home from church, she had done it again. My dad, who has an extremely weak stomach, cleaned out the kennel while he threw up the entire way. Now that's love!

8:32 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

:) you are in my prayers hon! Yeay for babies!

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home