Pickrell Pirates

Well everone ELSE was doing it, so I guess we ought to as well! Actually I was checking out Becky's blog and saw how many others were keeping in touch with their blogs. What a wonderful idea! So anyway,... I'm going to bore you with my news too! Whoo hoo!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska, United States

Now is the time to adjust to yet another new normal. We have forgotten what sleeping through the entire night is like.

Friday, March 06, 2009

Hurray for chubby cheeks!

So, I had probably one of my final ultrasounds today. I was in for a bit of a freak out. Apparently, baby is two weeks ahead of schedule as far as its growth goes. I'm a bit intimidated at this prospect. Of course, this was at the word of the ultrasound tech (a very nice girl by the way). We'll have to see what the doctor says. I mean, I was already kind of freaked out at the thought that I'm having a baby just next month, but at the thought of having a baby by the end of THIS month... yikes. The tech kept asking if I was diabetic, but all my tests have thankfully come back negative. I've only been gaining 1 pound every two weeks. If I keep that average, baby should be somewhere in the vacinity of 8-9 pounds by 40 weeks. The tech said that baby is somewhere from 6-7 pounds right now! Boy, I was ready to go right up to OB and say, "Induce me now!"
It'll be fine. I'm super excited, just a little razzed and there's a lot to do before hand. I have to have all of my lessons plans ready ASAP, because honestly, I could have this baby at anytime. Some days, by how much its flipping about, I think it's ready to come out too. That's good. My hips are killing me from carrying around, apparently, 6-7 pounds with just my waistline.

We're having a co-ed baby shower on Friday the 13th. I know... it wasn't intentional, it just kind of turned out that way. I've never really understood why daddy's were never allowed to come to these things. I'm very fortunate with how much Rick already has been involved with this baby, and I think he deserves to be showered with love just as much as me. It's going to be great. Mom and Krista already have some pretty outrageous games planned.

Here's baby's latest profile. It's getting big. I'm realizing that some of these pictures are kind of like warshack tests; you're never really quite sure what you're going to see. In this picture you can see the side of Kosher's nose, a closed eye, lips, and some very Native-looking chubby cheeks. It's an odd picture, but I find myself enamored with it. What fun.

6 Comments:

Blogger Cooke family said...

Wow! I guess you'll win the race! Did you find out boy or girl- or are you just not telling? Cute picture!

9:14 PM  
Blogger Cooke family said...

I thought of another question. Have you been measuring big or on schedule? I've been measuring about a week smaller. They said I probably won't have anymore ultrasounds, but now I want one so they can measure!

9:21 PM  
Blogger Pickrell Pirates said...

We did find out what we're having. I was going to keep quiet about it, but my mom gets excited and tends to be a blabber-mouth. Let me answer by saying, it's a good thing Rick bought a dress.
My last couple appointments the doctors have talked about me getting bigger, but it's only been within the last month. That's why they had me do another glucose test.

8:42 AM  
Blogger Da Baums said...

Yeah! We are so excited for you guys! She is so cute!!! Don't worry - just get prepared. It is better to be ready and stressfree then to have to scramble and lose sleep because you are fretting. Also, babies tend to get pretty mellow right before you have them. And you may experience a huge surge of energy. Like you need to clean the house and do a million things. All great signs you are having a baby soon. I got a huge urge to bake stuff and made about 1 million cinnamon rolls ;) Good luck sister!

8:57 AM  
Blogger Veta said...

OOOOH I am so excited for you guys.I wish I could be there for your shower. I hope someone videtapes it so I can see it sometime. It sounds like great fun.
Wow the end of March. Well you better start the nesting now. Love you
the Mutarts

9:42 PM  
Blogger Veta said...

OOOOH I am so excited for you guys.I wish I could be there for your shower. I hope someone videtapes it so I can see it sometime. It sounds like great fun.
Wow the end of March. Well you better start the nesting now. Love you
the Mutarts

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home