Pickrell Pirates

Well everone ELSE was doing it, so I guess we ought to as well! Actually I was checking out Becky's blog and saw how many others were keeping in touch with their blogs. What a wonderful idea! So anyway,... I'm going to bore you with my news too! Whoo hoo!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska, United States

Now is the time to adjust to yet another new normal. We have forgotten what sleeping through the entire night is like.

Monday, May 04, 2009

The Lord provides!

Allow me to yet again mark another milestone. Like the Israelites, I need to make my rememberances so that I do not forget how incredibly AWESOME God is!
In my last post, I had mentioned how I was convinced that Satan tried to kill my dog yesterday. I'm still pretty sure of it. The situation is just bizarre! I mean, like I said, that box of Slug Bait sat within the dog's reach for over a year. And when we put the box outside, it sat there for at least 3 days and she never touched it. There were indeed evil doings afoot.
Well, lastnight Rick and I talked seriously about what was going on. We purposed that we need to pray together more and read the Word together more. We also talked about how we were going to pay for Zatara's treatment. We were expecting it to be in the vicinity of $1300. What with the emergency hours (it was a Sunday after all), the treatment, and her overnighting at the vet. I had been saving up for a new washing machine, but I pretty much saw that money fly out the window. And we contemplated barrowing from others. But God had other plans.
Last month I had received a bank statement that addressed Rick's savings account. We weren't even aware that he still had a savings account, let alone had any money in it. It said there was about $400 in there. Rick called this morning to double check, and sure enough, there it was. Later, the vet called and said that Zatara was ready. My heart still anxious, but I knew God was going to pull us through somehow. I called the vet back and asked how much the bill was going to be, just to see how many strings I needed to pull and what I needed to shift around. The bill was only $443!!!
I immediately began crying and fell to my knees praising God! What a miracle! God literally pulled money out of now where! Both Rick and I were amazed, but not surprised. We have an almighty God fighting for us. The Lord gave us victory over the devil. And this just confirms to me that Zatara has an important role to play as well. She is Haddy's guardian. She's also a part of this family, and the Lord knew that we needed her. Give praise and glory to the Lord, for He is GOOD!

3 Comments:

Blogger Nanette said...

That is so awesome! I just love testiments like that...Thanks for sharing. I'm so happy your dog is going to be OK! PTL!! Nan

9:31 PM  
Blogger Cooke family said...

That's great! We know all about vet visits for dogs who eat slug bait! Bingo spent 3 nights! I'm glad he's ok!

12:12 PM  
Blogger Cooke family said...

Oops... I mean I'm glad SHE'S ok!

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home