Pickrell Pirates

Well everone ELSE was doing it, so I guess we ought to as well! Actually I was checking out Becky's blog and saw how many others were keeping in touch with their blogs. What a wonderful idea! So anyway,... I'm going to bore you with my news too! Whoo hoo!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska, United States

Now is the time to adjust to yet another new normal. We have forgotten what sleeping through the entire night is like.

Friday, March 27, 2009

Open mouth, insert foot

It's amazing how quickly a little word like "c-section" can flip your whole perspective around. Last Thursday I had yet another OB visit. This time, baby was measuring big. I'm up for another ultrasound next week to get a good gestimate at how big my baby is and whether or not we need to consider the possibility of a c-section. I'm scared. I know that's from the enemy, but this is not what my heart wants. I'll do what I have to, but I just feel that with a ceasarean I'll be missing out on so much. Plus, the recovery time would be awful. I'm also scared of needles going into my spine (i.e. epidurals and spinal blocks). I know thousands of women have had this, and I know doctors do it all the time... I just don't want it.
So, where earlier this week I was incredibly reluctant to do anything that might instigate my labor, I'm now full-bore trying to get this kid going. I walked a lot yesterday. I walked tons today. I'm lifting heavy objects, doing squats, tiring myself out... the works. I've also gotten into some rather embarrassing conversations (not really embarrassing to myself, but to those who are around me-- namely Krista). I know that this baby is going to come in God's perfect timing. We've been praying all year long. And I know my baby is going to be born healthy, I just neglected to specify how. Please... keep praying.

5 Comments:

Blogger Cooke family said...

Why are they thinking c-section rather than inducing? Is the baby turned the right way and everything?

9:36 AM  
Blogger Veta said...

So aren't you going to do a baby pool? My guess April 5th at 5:55
am, 8lb 5oz, 20.5 inches long.

2:11 PM  
Blogger sixwickerts said...

My guess is tomorrow at 9:00pm 9lbs 2ozs! Don't worry about how this baby will come. Either way God will gie you the strengtht to do whatever is needed. It always amazes me how mothers have the fortitude to do ANYTHING!!! You are going to do great. We will be praying for God to bless you with your desire though....can't wait to hear the great news!!!!!So, have you picked a name? Are you keeping it a secret?

5:31 PM  
Blogger sixwickerts said...

It seems that mothers also develop an inability to spell and dislexia also!!

5:32 PM  
Blogger Da Baums said...

I love our embarassing conversations!!! Good luck girl we are praying for you!

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home