Pickrell Pirates

Well everone ELSE was doing it, so I guess we ought to as well! Actually I was checking out Becky's blog and saw how many others were keeping in touch with their blogs. What a wonderful idea! So anyway,... I'm going to bore you with my news too! Whoo hoo!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska, United States

Now is the time to adjust to yet another new normal. We have forgotten what sleeping through the entire night is like.

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Back with avengence!

Wow... four months. That's a long time since a post. Hmm... well, where to start? Our little munchkin is growing and a little too fast for my liking. In November, Rick and I had the opportunity to go to a worship conference in Seattle. It was amazing! I'll write about that in more detail later. But before we left, Haddy (who had just turned 6 months) was assuming the crawling position, but only managing to scoot backwards. We were only gone for three days. When we got back home, we arrived to a baby that was in full forward crawling motion, standing up in her crib and pulling herself up on furniture. Aaaaahh!!! What happen to the days when I would just lay her on the floor and she would stay there?!

It's a bit stressful, but terribly fun at the same time. Haddy has taken to singing (especially when she's tired). She loves the guitar. Whenever we're at worship practice or in church, she'll put her fussing on hold while the music is going. She's also saying, "ba ba ba...", "Da da da" (Rick was VERY happy about that), and then, only recently, she's saying "Ma ma!" Yay! Granted, she looks at me and says, "Ma ma," only when she wants to get out of her chair or crib, but I'll still take it! What a sweet girl! She's going to be walking her before too long. The dog better get ready to run.


No, this wasn't for Halloween. Rick and I had bought this costume before Haddy was even born and I JUST had to try it on her. Isn't she cute! In a year it will fit just perfect, and then she can run around with our R2-D2 droid saying, "Help me, Obi Wan. You're my only hope."

Haddy enjoying a ride in Aria's car.

Haddy hanging out with her friend, Aria Spokely.

Haddy being fingerprinted at the Blueberry Festival. We figured we'd put her on file now to discourage any nefarious dealings from her in her future. Nah, I have a beatiful handprint plaque hanging up in my house now.

Just on the verge of crawling. Boy! How far we've come!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home