Pickrell Pirates

Well everone ELSE was doing it, so I guess we ought to as well! Actually I was checking out Becky's blog and saw how many others were keeping in touch with their blogs. What a wonderful idea! So anyway,... I'm going to bore you with my news too! Whoo hoo!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska, United States

Now is the time to adjust to yet another new normal. We have forgotten what sleeping through the entire night is like.

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Girls just wanna have lunch.

At EXACTLY six months I gave Haddy her first taste of solids. It was a rather monumental moment. It was my goal to nurse Haddy for at least 6 months. I pretty much made it. I had to suppliment formula because my time at work affected my ability to produce milk. But, we made it. It was a bittersweet time. I was sad at my lack of ability to produce the nutrition that my daughter needed, especially at flu season. But now that I have not been nursing for over a month, I'm quite relieved to have a bit of my life back.

When we gave her her first meal of rice cereal (mmmm) we knew this was going to be an important moment. It was really quite rediculous. We had the video camera set up and two digital camera's flashing. It was so great. *Sigh*... what a big girl.


What? Why am I wearing a bib? I thought I only wear bibs when I'm spitting up? And why am I sitting in my chair? What's going on?


Um... I think I like it? What is that?!

Mmm! This isn't too bad!

Hey! I can do this myself! Who needs Mommy?
Alright! Eating solids mastered. Time to learn to drive Mommy's car!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home