Pickrell Pirates

Well everone ELSE was doing it, so I guess we ought to as well! Actually I was checking out Becky's blog and saw how many others were keeping in touch with their blogs. What a wonderful idea! So anyway,... I'm going to bore you with my news too! Whoo hoo!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska, United States

Now is the time to adjust to yet another new normal. We have forgotten what sleeping through the entire night is like.

Friday, December 18, 2009

Bible hero Christmas party!

Today was the last day of school before Christmas break and we were allowed to dress up as "Heroes of the Bible." They kids actually did a really great job (I'm so proud!). Here's some of what occurred:
This was one of my favorites. Douglas was Samson. He always really gets into his characters.

Sarah looking very sweet as Moses' mom. She kept trying to send the baby up the river to Savannah's desk. (Savannah was supposed to be Pharoah's daughter. You can't really see her tiara).


I was Deborah. I held court under "The Tree of Deborah," as you can see. I kind of like it. Maybe I'll keep the tree there, although I think Pastor Mike might start wondering were the it went.
Brian (missing his hat) as the Vizier of Egypt, Joseph, with his mulit-colored T-shirt. He's sporting a nice hot chocolate mustache. Mrs. Henrick treated us to hot chocolate and peppermint ice cream. She's so grand!


EAT SAMSON JERKY! (It'll put hair on your chest!)


The kids opening up presents from their "secret santas." I use the term Santa because we later watched Veggie Tales "Saint Nicholas" which explains where St. Nick came from and how we should give because God first gave to us. It's really good. Check it out.

Sarah parenting classes. Learn to keep your kids afloat.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cooke family said...

Fun!

4:37 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

Your pics bring back memories! It's great seeing the kids and how they've grown. Glad school's going well for you.

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home