Pickrell Pirates

Well everone ELSE was doing it, so I guess we ought to as well! Actually I was checking out Becky's blog and saw how many others were keeping in touch with their blogs. What a wonderful idea! So anyway,... I'm going to bore you with my news too! Whoo hoo!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska, United States

Now is the time to adjust to yet another new normal. We have forgotten what sleeping through the entire night is like.

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Journey of the Red Dress-- Pt. 1

Alright, so it's been forever since I've last blogged.  Facebook has been far easier for me to be in contact with everyone.  However, I find myself in need of a source of community.  I'm not even sure who even reads my blog any more.  But just sending my thoughts out into the universe should be me some sense of accountability.
Four pregnancies and years of stress eating have done a number on me.  I'm HUGE!  I've always known that I'm big, but I just watched a recording of me for a masters class that I'm doing and it was horrible!  It's like someone took the mental image I have of myself and put her in a fat suit!  I've already signed up with Stephanie to start the "Take Shape for Life" program, but my medifast meals won't be here until Thursday at the latest.  I am VERY eager to start, mostly because I cannot abide the sight of me.
I know who I am in Christ, and this isn't about low self-esteem.  This is about being the person who God intended me to be.  Someone who can be active enough to truly invest in her children and promote the kingdom of Heaven.  I cannot do these things if I get easily winded, have an aching back, nor hurting knees!  It's time.  It's beyond time!
When first contemplating this program, I needed to set myself a goal.  I have a slinky red dress I bought after highschool.  It probably won't look as good on me as I ever imagined, but just to fit in it is my goal.  That's why I'm deeming this life-style change "The journey for the red dress."  This is a time to reset the system and embrace what awaits me.  I have no intention of posting any fat pictures until I see results.
Rick is doing well.  He's enrolled in a pre-diabetes class (even though he's not diabetic).  He's already lost 12 lbs. in two weeks.  He's not doing the TSFL thing, but he is watching what he eats.  This is a good change for both of us.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

I am proud of you. Good luck! I joined Curves this summer, and although I don't think I lost any weight, I do feel more energized. I will keep you in my thoughts as one of my motivators :)

8:47 PM  
Blogger Pickrell Pirates said...

You can do it, Jess! It's amazing the difference it makes when those around you truly support you.

11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home