Pickrell Pirates

Well everone ELSE was doing it, so I guess we ought to as well! Actually I was checking out Becky's blog and saw how many others were keeping in touch with their blogs. What a wonderful idea! So anyway,... I'm going to bore you with my news too! Whoo hoo!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska, United States

Now is the time to adjust to yet another new normal. We have forgotten what sleeping through the entire night is like.

Friday, October 12, 2012

Week 2 complete!

I was intending to write each week, but last Friday was so insane, I hardly had a chance to sit down.  Although, that's just been the story of my life lately.  This week was certainly the acid test of whether I was serious about this change of habits or not.  My week started with my 3 year old biting people at school; then coming home to my dog with the severly swollen face.  It was rather grotesque!  Meanwhile, Rick was so sick he took a day off work.  This was all just Monday before 1 p.m!

I took the dog into the usual vet clinic where they diagnosed her with having an allergic reaction.  They gave her a shot and prescribed Benedryl.  I was thinking life was looking up.  Well, over the next couple of days, Zatara's swelling didn't go down.  In fact, by the second day, the huge lump on her head had gotten bigger and spread to the side of her face.  She had started scratching at it and produced a bloody mess.  Now, to be honest, I know that animals tend to have a way to take care of themselves.  But my dog was bleeding!  In my home!  And she was in pain!  It was difficult to just let that be.  I called the vet again and, of course, they said bring her in again.  However, the only car I can transport ZT in is my car, with Rick had taken to work.  I was killing myself trying to come up with a way to solve this!  Fortunately, my husband heard the panic in my voice, came home during lunch, and took the dog in.  This was a relief... until he came home.  Now my doggy needs to take light sensitive pills for the next three weeks.  AND we need to apply heat packing regularly to encourage the drainage from the HUGE gap in her head.  Seriously, she looks awful.

So while all of the is going on, I still have the house to get in order and the kids to take care of.  Those two tasks are grueling on their own.  Being a stress eater, this was not good for me.  I wanted junk food... badly.  Even healthy food, I wanted to eat everything and quickly.  Fortunately, my healthy coach was just a text away and I've plugged into a great community on Facebook.  It's interesting how cooking has become my new hobby to distract me from eating.  So far it's been pretty fun, but I'm accumulating too many meals.  I need to slow down.

Today proved to be just as stressful as Monday, and I needed to go grocery shopping.  I knew there was no way I could come out of the store without some sort of indulgement.  What to do?!  I called my coach an explained my situation.  I just want to let everyone know I have the best health coach ever.  She offered to go shopping with me!  And we did it!  We shopped and I vented, which successfully diminished my self-pity cravings.

Seeing as how I am almost 10 pounds lighter, I can honestly say that all the hard work is worth it!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I must say this is brilliant selection! but I must add one that I've heard a lot of buzz about, and having looked at the site myself must say its very impressive.
to anyone that enjoyed these blogs be sure to check it out.stylehoops

2:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I must say this is brilliant selection! but I must add one that I've heard a lot of buzz about, and having looked at the site myself must say its very impressive.
to anyone that enjoyed these blogs be sure to check it out.

www.stylehoops.com

2:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home